Friday, August 29, 2014

The Noble One


During my day trip to New Jersey, we stopped by the Historic Downtown area in Jersey City. To my luck, they were holding an artisan fair. Aside from loving to talk to every single artisan for simple interest and personal growth, fairs are one of my favorite places to find some treasures. I'm pretty sure artists and creative people are great at taking an object and using it for a completely different purpose.


One vendor had this beautiful vintage looking TV tray that I'll be using for my jewelry display.


Have your own unique displays? Feel free to share them with us here!

Every artist has something unique to offer, their own challenges and experiences. The more open I find them, the more I love to chat. You just never know what you might learn or discover. One vendor happened to have a long strand of wood beads. I had no clue what I would do with them, but a few ideas started to formulate. I held on to these beads till I visited the Garment District in Manhattan, and the idea for The Noble One sparked within. 
In many of my creations, it is clearly visible that nature is at the core of my inspiration. You can tell so much about an artist by the products they pour from within and out through their hands.


My father has the perfect little garden where I do much of my jewelry photography in. 


This double layered necklace measures 16" around the neck and 32" in total. Wood beads and Tiger Eye Gemstones are strung onto vintage bronze wire, then wrapped to one another. The sunflower pendant is made of carved bone while the elephant pendant is made of plastic. The necklace is finished off with a large trigger clasp for easy wear.


I hope you enjoyed some insight into the creative process behind my work!

Also, be sure to check out the 4th Annual 'All About Downtown' Street Fair in Jersey City September 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment